Fundraising events are a great way to raise money for tiger conservation, and have lots of fun at the same time too!
There are lots of ideas to inspire you, for example you could:
- Hold your own 'Tiger Day', dress up, bake cakes, hold a mini carnival or show tiger themed movies, spread the word.
- Hold an event at work - a sponsored job swop, dress down day or even a dress strippy day!
- Hold an orange and black party with tiger cocktails (we've found at least 10 recipes on the web!)
- Get sponsored to be stripy, walk, quiet, run, jump or crawl; or run for us.
- Sell your stuff on ebay in aid of 21st Century Tiger (ZSL).
For children - what about?
- Holding a cake sale or coffee morning at your school or church - you could make cup cakes with stripy icing!
- Have a sponsored read with all the books you can find that feature tigers from Winnie the Pooh to The Jungle Book and Tiger - Animals in Art.
- Set up a craft table at your local fete/fair – make tiger finger puppets, tiger masks or just paint pictures
- Tiger art competition - make fabulous artworks and set up your own gallery - charge for entry and sell the paintings at the end!
- Dress in tiger colours for the day at school or home and shake collection boxes!
- Have a car wash event for your friends and family
- Make your mums and dads pay up whenever they misbehave by putting money into a 21st Century Tiger collection box!
These are just a few possibilities but we're sure you can come up with more!
Download a fun Kid's Activity Pack with games and quizes, ideas for fundraising and raising awareness. (pdf 3.97MB)
You can also help us to tell more people about 21st Century Tiger by setting up web groups, there's youtube or facebook and many more besides.